Teams from Tolpar Knife Fighting School regularly participate in various tournaments from regional championships to international competitions at the highest level.
Numerous wins by Tolpar students in sports competitions demonstrate the effectiveness of the Tolpar methodology and system of training.
We think it is the popularization of sports knife fighting that can provide a strong impetus towards the development of knife fighting as a martial art.
That is why Tolpar is currently working towards the creation of an official national sports knife fighting federation to be registered with the Russian Ministry of Justice.
Between 2003 and 2012 Tolpar fighters took 35 first, 27 second and 23 third prizes at various competitions!
‘Tolpar Sports Knife’ – Wireless Knife Competition Scoring System.
‘Tolpar Sports Knife’ is a wireless electronic system designed for safely scoring strikes in competition knife fighting.
This scoring tool was designed to meet the safe scoring requirements of the Tolpar Knife Fighting School. Apart from being a breakthrough in accurate scoring for knife competitions, it is a fantastic training aid because it gives accurate feedback of the real-life effectiveness of strikes.
‘Tolpar Sports Knife’ is the latest scoring technology and was created with the direct involvement of an Olympic fencing expert, who is also a distinguished fencing coach.
The system was patented in August 2011 and was used at the annual international Tolpar Summer Camp.
It was also used with very good results at the many different first Europe &World Championship in Knife Fighting (Fencing)
The development of this unique scoring system is a revolutionary step forward in the sports knife fighting in the world.
The ‘Tolpar Sports Knife’ package includes:
- Two artificial sports knives with wireless connection to the rest of the system. These knives are completely safe as they do not have a sharp edge or point.
- A large score board (49x18x6 cm or 19"x7"x2") which registers the effective strikes of the two participants during the competition. It shows separate scores for stabbing and cutting techniques (manually adjusted for any bonus or penalty points) and it folds into a very portable case;
- A wireless hand-held control used by the referee to manually adjust the scores and register warnings to athletes;
- A two-way power supply (220V mains or 12V car cigarette lighter socket).
Some key features of ‘Tolpar Sports Knife’:
The minimum force required to register a cutting or stabbing score is adjustable. (e.g. 2.6 kg to register a cut and 3.4 kg for a stab. Or 10 kg for a cut and 12 kg for a stab, etc.)
The ‘Tolpar Sports Knife’ can award different points for cutting and stabbing techniques and these can be set as required (e.g. 1 point per cut, 2 points per stab, etc.)
With the use of the hand-held manual control, the referee can quickly adjust the score by:
- adding bonus points (or reducing them for reverse scoring) for particular competition rules such as cutting the throat;
- reducing points for penalties from rule violations or errors (e.g. striking the opponent’s knife).
The ‘Tolpar Sports Knife’ is made of high-quality materials and is very robust. It has been designed for, and thoroughly tested in hard practice and competition.
What are the benefits of ‘Tolpar Sports Knife’ for your competition?
- Ensure scoring objectivity
‘Tolpar Sports Knife’ doesn’t have a favorite competitor or a home team!
- Improve scoring accuracy
‘Tolpar Sports Knife’ won’t register a score unless the technique has enough force to be effective.
- Eliminate potential complaints about the results of a bout.
- Reduce competition time which allows for more participants, which may be important.
- Significantly improve the quality of training in sports knife fighting by only scoring techniques of sufficient power and appropriate angle to be effective.
- Improve tactical and technical skills of students. Now there is a way to test effectiveness in complete safety using full speed and power.